Tuesday, February 07, 2006

It will never go away

So...I joined this blog, and then have been too busy with starting school again to properly contribute. I'm still busy, but I did find time to recycle this post from the second day of my personal blog...no where near as long or as fiction-y as our other contributors, but at least it's something to get me started!

This used to be my childhood dream. Madonna's greatest hits blares. Sweaty bodies in tie-dyed t-shirts leftover from that afternoon's Homecoming parade bumped against each other. This used to be the place I ran to...Beer flows from kegs into plastic cups. And from plastic cups onto the hardwood floor. And why do they always say...don't look back. A friend whispered in my ear. I felt her grab my hand and drag me into the crowded room. Shoes stick. Because life is short. Across the room, a flash of blue. Blue shirt. Blue eyes. Eyes lock. And before you know you’re feeling old. A shove from someone behind or beside. A smile. A winding path through a sea of bodies. A word...or two. And then, in the midst of unromantic chaos, I fell in love. And your heart is breaking...

Don’t hold on to the past
Well that’s too much to ask...

A new day. Silence pours in. A bus stands in the background, blurry through the tears. Someone whispers in my ear. I feel them grab my hand, but this time I'm left alone. A smile through a tinted window. A hand presses against the glass. Slowly pulling further away. Further away.

And that little fire
Is still alive in me
It will never go away.

1 Comments:

At 8:15 PM, Blogger swisslet said...

nice.

welcome onboard!

ST

 

Post a Comment

<< Home