Wednesday, January 04, 2006

It was a dark and stormy night....

If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you’ll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, and how my parents were occupied and all before they had me, and all that David Copperfield crap, but I don’t feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth

Welcome to Reader Meet Author.

Writing is both one of the easiest things in the world and one of the hardest, but it’s something I want to do a lot more of. Perhaps one day I will sit down and write a novel. Rather than simply waiting for that day, I am going to start writing now. I am going to write whatever comes to mind and post it up here, just for the sheer joy of it.

It might be long. It might be short. It might be fiction. It might be autobiographical. It doesn’t matter. The idea is simply to get writing.

But this isn’t just about me. I can’t be the only person who feels that there is more to life; there must be other people who feel that there has to be a way of expressing themselves beyond the day-to-day grind of work; other people who feel that they should be writing…

If you are one of those people, then Reader Meet Author needs you as a contributor. Contact me by commenting below or by emailing me at the address in my profile and I will add you as an editor.

2 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bulwer-Lytton and Salinger, together at last.

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Mark said...

go on. let me in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home